Sunday, March 27, 2011

Triumph over buracracy!

I had a Hell of a time getting to the right person to get my SA purchased bike registered in my name. BUT, if you are ever in my situation (foreigner on tourist visit (no long term Visa) and buying a SA motorbike) go straight to Lydia in Room #17 at the Roodepoort Town Hall (police part) and ask her to help you get a SA Identification document and register your bike. She is competent and fast at getting the job done -- and a friendly pleasant lady too. You will need to find someone with whom you can take up residence while you are in SA - they can provide proof of their residence and an affidavit that you live with them. It involves a bit of paperwork, but Lydia knows how to make it work.

So, now I can legally ride about on my bike and cross borders too.

Today we went for a ride toward Sun City, but stopped for breakfast about 2/3s of the way there and then decided to return to the dry comforts of Michelle and Andy's home as it rained most of the way there and back. But, tomorrow Pat and Christianne and I go. Kruger National Park here we come.

The adventure begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment